As a solo performer, and as the trusted sidekick of Texas Americana songwriting icon Guy Clark, Verlon Thompson has viewed the world from stages everywhere from Barcelona to Binger (his hometown in Oklahoma).
Along the way Verlon Thompson compositions have been recorded by Jimmy Buffett and Alan Jackson, Dierks Bentley, Anne Murray, The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Kenny Rogers, Randy Travis, Del McCoury, Sam Bush, Trisha Yearwood, Jerry Jeff Walker, and many more.
His songs have landed in the Top Ten Billboard charts and been nominated for Grammy and IBMA Song of the Year awards.
Fri. Nov. 22nd – 6:00pm – 10:00pm
Sat Nov 23 – The Craft of Songwriting 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 pm
Sun. Nov 24 – Performing your song in a way that gets your message across 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 pm
Sun. Nov 24 – Private Sunday Night Showcase Performance 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Location: The Bank Theatre, 10 Erie St. S, Leamington, ON
* Leamington is 4 hrs from Toronto and 1 hr from Windsor. Airport pickup from Windsor can be arranged in advance.
Limited to 15 seats at Verlon’s request to ensure plenty of one-on-one time to spend with each student.
Songwriting & Performance Workshop
What is included:
COST: $350 per student. This includes two days of workshops (Saturday/Sunday),
• Your ticket for Verlon’s showcase Friday night, hor’s d’oeuvres and drinks
• Coffee, tea, and fruit in am on Sat, & Sun.
• Lunch on Sat, & Sun.
• Coffee, tea, and cupcakes in pm on Sat, & Sun.
• Dinner on Sunday evening
• Sunday night showcase with invited guests. Invite your family and friends (you must notify Francine Honey of invited guests).
• This is not open to the public
REFUND POLICY: $50 of your registration is non-refundable. If you are fully paid and cancel by Nov 1, 2019 you’ll be refunded $350. After Nov. 10, there is no guaranteed refund unless we fill the spot (we will have a cancellation list). If the spot is filled by Nov. 20, then you’ll still receive your $350 refund. If you cancel after Nov. 20 there are no refunds.